Monday 24 October 2011

Revlon Colorstay Overtime Lipcolor Review

Hello lovelies!


Sorry for being MIA. I've been busy with a wedding, Diwali spring cleaning, parties, and also being plain lazy! I've got a lot of reviews lined up, so if you see me posting one link after the other, please don't report me as spam! I'm going to start out with a lipper that has been my soulmate this festive season--Revlon Colorstay Overtime Lipcolor in Infinite Apricot!

The package says: "Advanced Colorstay formula with SoftFlex Technology provides 16 hours of comfortable color. No touch-ups needed- even after meals. Topcoat enriched with 99% moisture, chamomile and soy extract keeps lips comfortable and delivers the shiniest shine."










A brown-peach ish shade, its one of those colours that pairs well with Indian outfits, and is a great catch for the festive season!



 Please excuse the terrible picture quality, I cut it out from a picture I'd clicked with my crappy Blackberry camera!



Pros:


- I like the fact that the gloss is not goopy, but a light formula that really does sit put on your lips, two coats of the top coat, and my lips were all shiny. 
- I'm not sure if the formula lasts as long as it claims, but it definitely lasts as long as you want it to, because even after 6 hours, I needed to use baby oil to get it off.
- Very handy. Its earned a spot in my go-to make-up bag!


Cons:


- Its a little pricey at Rs 875
- Dries out your lips a bit, so you'll need to use a lip balm so your lips can recover (which isn't really a deal breaker for me!)


Overall rating: 4.5/5
Will I purchase again? Definitly! Maybe a brighter colour! I've been thinking about trying out orange, but I'm pretty broke this month :P.
Have you tried this lippy? What are your thoughts?




Aarti

3 comments:

  1. i have the same kinda lipgloss in maybelline and i just luv its staying power

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have same kinda lipgloss in maybelline n yeah it does stay little longer than normal lipglosses

    ReplyDelete